This unique retreat welcomes everyone interested in a highly-relaxing, culturally-intriguing, musically-inspiring ‘escape from the busy life,’ on the gorgeous Bali mountain with good food and good people.
Though musicians and songwriters of all levels of experience are certainly encouraged to come, we cannot emphasize this enough: you need not be a musician or songwriter, or even have ever laid hands on an instrument to be part of this retreat! An interest in a deeper experience of Bali and a simple love for music/musical environments is all that’s required!
Overview of Features included at this
Music For Life! Retreat
• Transportation -- Airport pick-up and escort up Batukaru Mountain to Bali Mountain Retreat (about 1 ½ hours from the airport/touristy areas). Awe-inspiring, breath-taking drive!
• Accommodation – comfortable and lush
• Great Food -- The food alone would be a good enough reason to join this Retreat. Local staff prepare exquisite meals to delight your palette. In addition to the fine and diverse meals, experience the taste of manggis, salak, palm sugar and a range of fresh fruits of the island.
• Idyllic Setting and Climate – Gunung Batukaru is lush and beautiful and tranquil, with views reaching all the way to the coast on clear days. You will leave behind the often intense heat of the lowlands, as the weather on the mountain is very comfortable all year round due to the altitude.
• Traditional Music Performances by locals: Much more intimate than the larger ‘staged’ tourist shows in town. Performances will vary at each retreat: Joged, Legong, or Topeng Dance Performance: Angklung, the Rindik, Salonding, and even the very rare Saron Luang from Celuk.
• Evening performance parties at the Retreat, featuring anyone in our group who would like to participate. We may be joined by some locals, culminating in a jam session, featuring Western music, Balinese music, and whatever else comes up! All styles welcome!
• Day/evening trip to artistic centre, Ubud, and celebration/performance at an intimate local venue. As a celebration of our group’s creativity, the musicians and those amongst us keen to perform will have the opportunity to do so! All styles will be welcome, and there will be no pressure for the shy amongst us, or the non-musicians to perform.
• Ceremony – Depending on the time of year, we may join a local Hindu ceremony and visit the village afterwards for food and socializing.
• Experience the mountain! Hiking on Mt. Batukaru is encouraged. Batukaru features the last preserved forest of Bali: its gorgeous!
• Balinese Massage – you won’t miss out on the mountain! Expert, personally-attentive masseurs available at low prices compared to the expensive tourist scene
• Time, Space, and the ideal Natural Setting… to relax, unwind, play music, write, create, interact, commune with the mountain spirits…. It’s your holiday.
COST: $995.00 first in choose rooms
(this cost DOES NOT include airfare)
Great deals on affordable airfares come and go quickly - get onto it now!
Maximum 25 people,
FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Contact Jay Now!
Contact Bali Mountain Retreat
If you are looking to experience a more genuine, traditional part of Bali, with less people, fresh clean water, far away from traffic and pollution – a natural, musical environment with the space and sanctuary for you to create your own Bali experience…this is the retreat for you.